Grzegorz (Gregory) Glinka is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
He specializes in fracture and fatigue of steel structures and mechanical engineering machinery, and has also acted as a United Nations expert. Professor Glinka’s research interests include fracture of materials, fatigue of structures, multiaxial fatigue and creep of engineering materials, computer aided design, FEM-elastic-plastic stress-strain analysis and reliability. He is also interested in weight functions and structural modeling for stress intensity factors. Professor Glinka’s recent research activities include the modelling of fatigue crack growth under random loading and fatigue optimization of welded structures.
He has published over 160 related articles in technical journals and textbooks and also teaches several upper year Mechanical and Mechatronics engineering courses at the university.
- Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials
- Fatigue Design of Mechanical Components
- Advanced Materials Joining
- Fatigue Crack Growth Modeling
- Elasto-Plastic Stress-Strain Analysis of Notches
- Creep at Notches
- Application of Green Functions to Crack Problems
- Design of Welded Structures
- Mechanical Engineering Reliability
- Monte Carlo Simulation in Fatigue Analysis
- Moving Boundary Analysis of Cracks and Notches
- Multiaxial Elasto-Plastic and Creep Stress-Strain Analysis Near Notches Under Monotonic and Cyclic Loading
- Weight Function and Structural Modeling for Stress Intensity Factors
- 1983, DSc, Mechanical Engineering/Solids, Warsaw Technical University
- 1976, Doctorate, Mechanical Engineering/Solids, Warsaw Technical University
- 1971, Master's, Mechanical Engineering/Solids, Warsaw Technical University
- Ince, A and Glinka, G, Innovative computational modeling of multiaxial fatigue analysis for notched components, International Journal of Fatigue, 82, 2016, 134 - 145
- Gallo, P and Berto, F and Glinka, G, Generalized approach to estimation of strains and stresses at blunt V-notches under non-localized creep, Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, 39(3), 2016, 292 - 306
- Gallo, Pasquale and Berto, Filippo and Glinka, Grzegorz, Analysis of creep stresses and strains around sharp and blunt V-notches, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 2016
- Goyal, Rakesh and El-Zein, Mohamad and Glinka, Grzegorz, A robust stress analysis method for fatigue life prediction of welded structures, Welding in the World, 60(2), 2016, 299 - 314
- Berto, Filippo and Glinka, Grzegorz, Editorial--Special issue on notch mechanics, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 2015