Chamber Choir (Fall & Winter terms) not offered in Fall 2020
Fall 2020 details: Online Ensemble only
- Auditions: Only those who have not been in one of our three Choral Ensembles in the past 2 years need audition. Audition sign-up link
- Read the Chamber Choir Info Sheet , which includes the schedule (PDF)
- Learn one of the two audition pieces (see below).
- Fill out the Chamber Choir Ensemble Participant Form (coming soon) online. Both you and the director will receive a confirmation email.
- Register on Quest if you are asking for credit for the ensemble. (see notes below)
- Read over the Chamber Choir Schedule to make sure you are available for the performances.
Audition interviews are at 10 minute intervals. All singers must audition each fall term; normally, singers continuing from fall to winter do not need to re-audition. If you are a returning student, please email the director, Mark Vuorinen.
Students should arrive to their audition warmed up and ready to sing. Choose one of the assigned audition pieces listed below and be prepared to sing two verses, unaccompanied, in the key of your choice. You will also be asked to sing a series of vocal exercises and sight-read.
Audition Piece: The Ashgrove (PDF)
Audition Piece: Down by the Sally Garden (PDF)
Note: registering for an ensemble on Quest does not mean the director knows you are intending to participate in a given term. You must audition (or if you are not required to audition, then you must notify the director directly).
If you do not pass the audition or are not asked back in the ensemble, you must drop the course on Quest yourself (if you registered in the first place) as this is not automatically done for you.