There are program-specific and general awards that students can apply for, provided by Conrad Grebel or the University of Waterloo.
Financial Aid from Conrad Grebel
1. Music related
- Entrance Scholarships for university applicants (first year and transfer students) - Rudolf & Hedwig Remple Music Award, and Jean Caya Music Award (may also consider internal transfers to Music Major). For new, first year students, application is automatically considered at the time of your early audition or others can apply once a current student, even upper years, if you missed this audition opportunity.
- Travel Awards - Music and Culture Award, and The Helen ('Liz') Lane Music & Culture Award (only considered when Music 355 is being offered)
- Church Music and Worship program - Ford-Harrison Church Music Award*
- Choral Music Conducting (usually done through Chapel Choir participation) - Agnes Giesbrecht Choral Music Scholarship*
- Choristers - Helen Martins Choral Music Award*
- String Players - John and Erma Stutzman String Scholarship Award*
- MCEC connection - Abner Martin Music Scholarship (awarded by the Menno Singers early September)
- Academic excellence - Clemens Scholarships in Music (no application; awarded based on academic achievement)
- Need-based - Evanov Radio Group Music Award (apply at beginning of any academic term and must be OSAP eligibile - ie. you don't have to be receiving a loan, but apply to OSAP and get the eligibility proof.)* AND see the Grebel General bursaries listed in the Other section below.
- Volunteerism - Judy Dyck Music Volunteerism Award* (may or may not be awarded in one or more terms)
*Applications normally accepted beginning of every term. Due by Sept 20th (for fall) and Jan 20th (for winter) and May 20th (for spring), during your academic term(s).
- General bursaries
- financial needs-based
- Applicants must be involved in Conrad Grebel’s residence, associate, or academic program (Music, PACS, TS, Mennonite Studies, etc.
- International relations - Gingrich Memorial Fund
- integrating Christian faith and the fine arts, to students preparing for church-related vocations or for bridge-building programs in international, interdenominational and/or socioeconomic fields.
- financial needs-based
- Grebel residence first year awards
- Returning students: Upper year Grebel residents, apartment dwellers, and associates awards
Financial Aid from UWaterloo
Awards are available for undergraduate students and within also within the faculty of arts. The Faculty of Arts awards scholarships of varying amounts to outstanding full- and part-time students on the basis of overall average. These scholarships are supported through donations from faculty, staff, and retirees to the Senate Scholarship Fund. Several scholarships of varying amounts are given to students selected automatically by Faculty/Department. See the UWaterloo awards database.