Professor (cross-appointment with Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering)
OD (Waterloo), MSc (Waterloo), PhD (Waterloo)
Beth Irving is a Professor with the School of Optometry and Vision Science at the University of Waterloo. She is affiliated with the Eye Research Institute of Canada in Toronto and with the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto. Beth is actively involved in ocular development and oculomotor research at Waterloo and has published much of her work on these topics.
Awards and honours
- Royal Society of Canada's Alice Wilson Award, 1994
- Medical Research Council of Canada Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 1994–1996
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, 1992
- Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council of Canada Postgraduate Scholarship, 1989–1991
- Governor General's Gold Medal, 1990
Dr. Irving's research interests are in the natural development of the eye and visual system and the capacity for adaptation of the eye and visual system to environmental influences. These environmental influences may occur as a function of daily living, disease, or the treatment of disease.