Where to find us
The School of Public Health Sciences is housed in the Lyle S. Hallman Institute for Health Promotion on the University's main campus.
For locations of individual staff or faculty members, see Our people.
Directions to campus
By car – from highway 401
- Take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to highway 8 WEST Kitchener/Waterloo
- From Buffalo and Niagara Falls, follow the Queen Elizabeth Way in the "Toronto" direction to highway 403 WEST (1 hour); follow 403 WEST to highway 6 NORTH; follow 6 North to highway 401 WEST; follow 401 West to exit 278 (45 min.); proceed as below.
- Follow 8 WEST to 7 EAST (called the Conestoga Parkway). Be sure to take the exit for 7 EAST (not 7 WEST)
- Keep left; do not exit on 7 EAST (Victoria Street and Guelph). Expressway becomes 85 NORTH (formerly 86).
- Exit at University Avenue West and drive about 3 km
- Follow University Avenue to Seagram Drive – the main entrance to the University of Waterloo.
- From University Avenue, turn right onto campus and immediately turn right at the STOP sign.
- Proceed around campus's Ring Road to the second stop sign. B.C. Matthews Hall/Lyle S. Hallman Institute is the building complex on your left. (For M-Lot Parking is through STOP sign on the left.)
Interactive and printable campus maps
The following parking lots are closest to the School and are available for use by visitors to campus:
- Parking lot M - $6.00 pay and display ticket (adjacent to B.C. Matthews Hall/Lyle Hallman Institute)
- Parking lot N - $5.00 pay and display ticket
- Parking lot R - $5.00 coin gate - ONLY AVAILABLE from 3:45 p.m. onwards
List of all parking lots on campus