519-888-4567, ext. 40569
Komal studied resource dependency of clean energy technologies such as wind turbines and electric vehicles under current and future framework conditions, where her primary focus has been on critical resources such as rare earth elements. Her research work comprised resource criticality assessment in technology perspective, mapping the flows and stocks of critical resources, and evaluating the processing efficiencies of waste electrical & electronic equipment (WEEE) treatment facilities. Her current research interests include: resource and waste management, material and energy flow analysis from micro- to macro-scale and exploring resource dependency of future clean energy systems.
- Environment and Business ENBUS 204: Principles of Industrial Ecology
- Environment and Business ENBUS 375: Circular Economy
- Master of Environment and Business ENBUS 620/SUSM 620: Business Operations and Sustainability
- Master of Environment and Business ENBUS 652/GEMCC 650: Business and Climate Change
- Habib, K., Sprecher, B and Young, S.B. 2021. COVID-19 impacts on metal supply: How does 2020 differ from previous supply chain disruptions? Resources, Conservation and Recycling 165: 105229.
- Withanage, S.V., Dias, G.M and Habib, K. 2021. Review of household food waste quantification methods: focus on composition analysis. Journal of Cleaner Production 279: 123722.
- Mohammadi, E., Singh, S.J and Habib, K. 2021. How big is circular economy potential on Caribbean islands considering e-waste? Journal of Cleaner Production 317: 128457.
- Mollaei, A., Ibrahim, N and Habib, K. 2021. Estimating the construction material stocks in two Canadian cities: A case study of Kitchener and Waterloo. Journal of Cleaner Production 280: 124501.
- Mohammadi, E., Singh, S.J and Habib, K. 2021. Electronic waste in the Caribbean: An impending environmental disaster or an opportunity for a circular economy? Resources, Conservation and Recycling 164: 105106.
- Schrijvers, D., Hool, A., Blengini, G.A., Chen, W.Q., Dewulf, J., Eggert, R., van Ellen, L., Gauss, R., Goddin, J., Habib, K., et al. 2020. A review of methods and data to determine raw material criticality. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 155: 104617.
- Habib, K., Hansdottir, S.T. and Habib, H. 2020. Critical metals for electromobility: Global demand scenarios for passenger vehicles, 2015–2050. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 154: 104603.
- Espinoza, L.T., Schrijvers, D., Chen, W.Q., Dewulf, J., Eggert, R., Goddin, J., Habib, K., et al. 2020. Greater circularity leads to lower criticality, and other links between criticality and the circular economy. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 159: 104718.
- b>Habib, K. 2019. A product classification approach to optimize circularity of critical resources – the case of NdFeB magnets. Journal of Cleaner Production 230: 90-97.
- PhD - Energy and Environmentally Efficient Technologies, University of Southern Denmark.
- MSc. Engineering - Urban, Energy and Environmental Planning, Aalborg University, Denmark.