Terms of Reference
The Honorary Member of the University Committee, a subcommittee of the Senate Nominating Committee for Honorary Degrees ("Honorary Degrees"), is charged with:
- Soliciting nominations for Honorary Member of the University;
- Screening and vetting nominations that come forward; and
- Making recommendations re: no nominations to Honorary Degrees for recommendation to Senate.
Membership and Frequency of Meetings
The committee consists of the following members appointed by Honorary Degrees:
- one faculty member from Honorary Degrees;
- one member from the Affiliated and Federated Institutions of Waterloo from Honorary Degrees; and
- three staff members appointed on the recommendation of the president, one of whom is a retiree, and one of whom is a staff member from Human Resources or Organizational & Human Development.
The chair of the committee will be appointed by Honorary Degrees from among the staff representatives.
The committee will not normally meet more than three times per year.
February 11, 2010
Revised February 26, 2018