Terms of Reference and membership
The Information & Records Management Committee supports and assists the University’s information custodians and information service providers – roles defined in Policy 46 – Information Management – in meeting their responsibilities under Policy 46. These responsibilities relate to six aspects of information management:
- Accountability and accessibility;
- Privacy and confidentiality;
- Information quality;
- Information security; and,
- Information lifecycle management.
The committee facilitates collaboration on all matters relating to Policy 46 implementation and compliance. Its work includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Providing advice and feedback to IST’s Information & Integration Management and Information Security Services groups, the University Records Manager, and the Privacy Officer, on the support and services needed by information custodians and information service providers to meet their information management responsibilities.
- Reviewing and prioritizing proposals for information management projects and services within the scope of responsibility of the Information & Integration Management group, the University Records Management program, and other University information management programs (when requested).
- Reviewing and providing input on information management guidelines, standards, and tools supporting Policy 46 implementation and intended to facilitate the work of information custodians and information service providers.
The committee consults with the Administrative Information Governance Committee (AIGC) on a regular basis to ensure that its activities are consistent with AIGC initiatives and the University’s strategic directions. This consultation occurs through the committee members who serve as resources to the AIGC: e.g., the Directors of Information & Integration Management and Information Security Services, the University Records Manager, and the Privacy Officer.
The committee is not responsible for the implementation of information management projects nor for the operations of specific information management systems.
|Chair: Colin Bell|
|Secretary: Sarah Vela|
|Mary Lynn Benninger|