This award program consists of the President's International Experience Award and the President's Research Award and is restricted to current undergraduate students who:
- received the President’s Scholarship of Distinction in Year One (awarded to students who were admitted with an admission average of 95% or greater)
- completed Year One with a cumulative average of at least 80%
President’s International Experience Award
This award is available to eligible full-time undergraduate students who meet the above award program conditions. Students planning to participate in an international study or work experience may apply to claim this $1,500 award. Eligible students may claim the award at any point from 2A to 4B (plus 4C, 5A, 5B in some programs), and the experience must occur before completion of the undergraduate program.
President’s Research Award
This award is available to eligible full-time undergraduate students who meet the above award program conditions. Students interested in pursuing a full- or part-time on-campus research experience, under the supervision of a University of Waterloo researcher, may apply to claim this $1,500 award. Eligible students may claim the award at any point from 2A to 4B (plus 4C, 5A, 5B in some programs), and the experience must occur before completion of the undergraduate program.
- Complete the required steps detailed under section "How to Apply" found on each application form.
- If you are claiming an award for a spring/summer experience occurring between 1B and 2A, please note that eligibility will not be approved until after 1B grades are official (late-May). As a result, award payment will normally be deferred until the 2A study term.
- Once you have completed the application form and obtained the necessary signature confirming your participation in an eligible experience, submit the form to your Faculty Dean's Office or Faculty Undergraduate Office (see Contacts below).
- If you have questions about this Award program or if you need advice on eligible experiences, please contact the designated Faculty contact. General inquiries or questions about award payments should be directed the Student Awards & Financial Aid Office (see below).
|Faculty or Office||Name||Location||Ext.|
|Applied Health Sciences||Julie-Anne Desrochers||BMH email@example.com||35663|
|Arts||Murielle Landry||PAS firstname.lastname@example.org||35782|
|Engineering||Alice Kulik||E7 email@example.com||44885|
|Environment||Jaime Fohkens||EV1 347Ffirstname.lastname@example.org||
|Mathematics||Carolyn Sedore||MC email@example.com||36894|
|Science||Lori Labelle||STC 2034||
|Student Awards & Financial Aid (for general questions)||
The Centre in NH
|Co-operative Education (for confirmation of international co-op work experiences)||Information Centre||