Proof of enrolment request

Three types of proof of enrolment documentation

  • Self-serve letters (no cost): Can be produced from your Quest account and printed at home. Useful for organizations such as banks, RESP providers, Canada Pension Plan, insurance companies, and employers. A self-serve letter can be submitted for RESP verification in lieu of getting a RESP form signed by our office.
  • University-produced letters ($10): We can provide a letter printed on University of Waterloo letterhead with an embossed University seal. Useful for study permits/visas, border crossings, or when the self-serve option cannot incorporate desired/required information. Students may be looking for a program completion letter or a verification letter; these are the same as a proof of enrolment letter. For a program completion letter, select the "Verification of degree completion" option and we will verify that you have completed your degree and have met all of your requirements. 
  • Third-party forms ($10, exceptions provided below): We can complete a form from an outside organization (e.g., United Nations forms) with the University seal to verify your enrolment. Upload and attach the third-party form to your online request or submit along with your completed Proof of Enrolment request form in person, by mail, or email.

Please note: Proof of enrolment for Winter 2020 is now available. Proof of enrolment for Fall 2020 will be available mid-July.

We offer three options to order/send your proof of enrolment

  1. Visit The Centre during business hours if you require your proof of enrolment immediately.
  2. Login to our online e-commerce Proof of Enrolment Form using your University of Waterloo username and password.
  3. Complete our Proof of Enrolment Request Form (PDF) if you do not have a University of Waterloo username and password. Complete all sections and submit with payment, in person, mail or by email, to The Centre. Call our office at 519-888-4567, ext. 42268 to provide a credit card when submitting the form as written credit card numbers submitted by mail or email will not be accepted. 

We process requests daily, Monday to Friday, except when the University is closed.