Three types of proof of enrolment documentation
- Self-serve letters (no cost): Can be produced from your Quest account and printed at home. Useful for organizations such as banks, RESP providers, insurance companies, and employers. A self-serve letter can be submitted for RESP verification in lieu of getting a RESP form signed by our office.
- University-produced letters ($10): We can provide a letter printed on University of Waterloo letterhead with the University seal. Useful for study permits/visas, border crossings, or when the self-serve option cannot incorporate desired/required information. Students may be looking for a program completion letter or a verification letter; these are the same as a proof of enrolment letter.
- Third-party forms (no cost): We can complete a form that requires a signature and/or University seal to verify your enrolment (e.g., CPP Declaration of Attendance). Complete your sections and then email your form to email@example.com along with mailing instructions.
Degree completion letter
University-produced degree completion letters can be ordered through the proof of enrolment request (ordering options listed below). When submitting your request select the degree completion option. Degree completion letters can only be processed once a degree has been coded to your Quest account. Degrees that have been coded will appear at the top of your unofficial transcript. All degrees should be coded on Quest by the standing decisions and official grades date.
We offer three options to order your university-produced proof of enrolment
- Log in to our online e-commerce Proof of Enrolment Form using your University of Waterloo username and password. Note: Due to COVID-19 pick up is currently unavailable. Select regular mail, courier, or email.
- Visit The Centre during business hours if you require your proof of enrolment immediately. Note: Due to COVID-19 in person requests are currently unavailable.
- Complete our Proof of Enrolment Request Form (PDF) if you do not have a University of Waterloo username and password. Complete all sections and submit with payment, in person, mail or by email, to The Centre. Call our office at 519-888-4567, ext. 42268 to provide a credit card when submitting the form as written credit card numbers submitted by mail or email will not be accepted.
We process requests daily, Monday to Friday, except when the University is closed.
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Each copy of your proof of enrolment letter is $10 (includes GST). We accept the following methods of payment:
- Cash (in person)
- Cheque payable to University of Waterloo (by mail or in person)
- Interac Debit (in person)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express (in person or online via e-commerce)
- WatCard (in person or by email)
- You can order and pay over the phone if using the PDF form. Call 519-888-4567 ext. 42268
Note: Orders submitted in error will not be refunded.
|No additional charge|
|No additional charge - anywhere in the world|
|Courier (within Canada)||
Courier (outside Canada)
|$10 - Ontario||$25 - United States|
|$20 - other provinces/territories||$35 - international|
WHY WOULD I NEED PROOF OF ENROLMENT?
Proof of enrolment letters can:
- to verify past, current, and anticipated enrolment;
- to demonstrate all degree requirements have been met (or will be) prior to convocation; or
- to prove graduation date.
You may need proof or verification of enrolment for:
- Study permit renewals and visa applications (Canada and international)
- Job offer, employment screening, and co-op placement
- Post graduate work permit. For more information, visit the Government of Canada website
I'M STARTING AT WATERLOO IN SEPTEMBER, CAN I GET MY PROOF OF ENROLMENT NOW?
Welcome to Waterloo! We cannot officially confirm your enrolment and process your request until July (when your class schedule is set). Once you are officially enroled in your fall courses you will be able to produce a Proof of Enrolment from Quest.