Three types of proof of enrolment documentation
- Self-serve letters (no cost): Can be produced from your Quest account and printed at home. Useful for organizations such as banks, RESP providers, Canada Pension Plan, insurance companies, and employers.
- University-produced letters ($10): We can provide a letter printed on University of Waterloo letterhead with an embossed University seal. Useful for study permits/visas, border crossings, or when the self-serve option cannot incorporate desired/required information.
- Third-party forms ($10, exceptions provided below): We can complete a form from an outside organization (e.g., United Nations forms) with the University seal to verify your enrolment. Upload and attach the third-party form to your online request or submit along with your completed Proof of Enrolment request form by mail or fax.
We offer three options to order your proof of enrolment
- Visit The Centre during business hours if you require your proof of enrolment immediately.
- Login to our online e-commerce Proof of Enrolment Form using your University of Waterloo username and password.
- Complete our Proof of Enrolment Request Form (PDF) if you do not have a University of Waterloo username and password.
We process requests daily, Monday to Friday, except when the University is closed.
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Each copy of your proof of enrolment letter is $10 (includes GST). Receipts will not be issued and overpayments are non-refundable. We accept the following methods of payment:
- Cash (in person)
- Cheque payable to University of Waterloo (by mail or in person)
- Interac Debit (in person)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express (in person or online via e-commerce)
- WatCard (in person)
Note: PDF form submissions with credit card information are no longer accepted.
Additional delivery fees
|Courier (within Canada)||
Courier (outside Canada)
|$10 - Ontario||$25 - United States||$5 - within Canada|
|$20 - other provinces/territories||$35 - international||
$10 - outside Canada
WHY WOULD I NEED PROOF OF ENROLMENT?
Proof of enrolment letters can:
- to verify past, current, and anticipated enrolment;
- to demonstrate all degree requirements have been met (or will be) prior to convocation; or
- to prove graduation date.
You may need proof or verification of enrolment for:
- Registered Educational Savings Plan (RESP) withdrawals
- Study permit renewals and visa applications (Canada and international)
- Banking purposes (e.g., a line of credit application)
- Insurance purposes
- Benefits (eligibility under a parent's benefit program)
- Job offer, employment screening, and co-op placement
- Post graduate work permit. For more information, visit the Government of Canada website
I'M STARTING AT WATERLOO IN SEPTEMBER, CAN I GET MY PROOF OF ENROLMENT NOW?
Welcome to Waterloo! We cannot officially confirm your enrolment and process your request until July (when your class schedule is set) but you can submit your request at any time. We'll hold onto the request until we are able to process it. If indicated on your request, Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) or government requests will be forwarded to the appropriate organization on your behalf.