Three types of proof of enrolment documentation
- Self-serve letters (no cost): Can be produced from your Quest account and printed at home. Useful for organizations such as banks, insurance companies, Service Canada, and employment screening. A self-serve letter can be submitted for RESP verification and CPP-Declaration of Attendance in lieu of getting a form signed by our office.
- University-produced letters ($10): We can provide a letter printed on University of Waterloo letterhead with the University seal. Useful for study permits/visas, border crossings, or when the self-serve option cannot incorporate desired/required information. Ordering options listed below.
- Third-party forms (no cost): We can complete a form that requires a signature and/or University seal to verify your enrolment (e.g., third-party scholarship verfication). Complete your sections and then email your form to email@example.com, along with where you would like the documents to be sent to.
Degree completion letter
University-produced degree completion letters can be ordered through the proof of enrolment request (ordering options listed below). Degree completion letters can only be processed once a degree has been coded to your Quest account. Degrees that have been coded will appear at the top of your unofficial transcript. All degrees should be coded on Quest by the standing decisions and official grades date.
We offer three options to order your university-produced proof of enrolment
- Log in to our online e-commerce Proof of Enrolment Form using your University of Waterloo username and password. If you are unable to log in to your account complete the Forgotten username and/or Forgotten password self-serve forms. If you are still unable to access your account connect with Service Desk to reset your password manually.
Visit The Centre during business hours if you require your proof of enrolment immediately. The Centre is currently closed to walk-in visits. Official documents will continue to be processed for email, regular mail, and courier.
- If you do not have a previous University of Waterloo username and password, complete our Proof of Enrolment Request Form (PDF). Submit the form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to The Centre, University of Waterloo, Needles Hall South, 200 University Ave West, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1. Once you have submitted your form, please call our office at 519-888-4567, ext. 42268 to provide a credit card number. Cheques made payable to the University of Waterloo are also accepted by mail.
We process requests daily, Monday to Friday, except when the University is closed.
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Each copy of your proof of enrolment letter is $10 (includes GST). We accept the following methods of payment:
- Cash (in person)
- Cheque payable to University of Waterloo (by mail or in person)
- Interac Debit (in person)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express (in person or online via e-commerce)
- WatCard (in person or by email)
- You can order and pay over the phone if using the PDF form. Call 519-888-4567 ext. 42268
Note: Orders submitted in error will not be refunded.
|No additional charge|
|No additional charge - anywhere in the world|
|Courier (within Canada)||
Courier (outside Canada)
|$10 - Ontario||$25 - United States|
|$20 - other provinces/territories||$35 - international|
WHY WOULD I NEED PROOF OF ENROLMENT?
Proof of enrolment letters can:
- to verify past, current, and anticipated enrolment;
- to confirm program of study;
- to demonstrate all degree requirements have been met (or will be) prior to convocation;
- to prove graduation date;
- confirm Waterloo is an English-speaking institution.
You may need proof or verification of enrolment for:
- Study permit renewals and visa applications (Canada and international)
- Job offer, employment screening, and co-op placement
- Post graduate work permit.
DECLARATION OF ATTENDANCE - Service Canada (CPP)
Declaration of Attendance forms for CPP can now be submitted to Service Canada with your Quest Proof of Enrolment, in lieu of getting the form signed by our office. You must complete sections A and B of the Declaration of Attendance and attach your Proof of Enrolment to section C. Your completed forms and proof of enrolment can be uploaded to your Service Canada account.
Proof of enrolment on Quest will be available once you have been officially enrolled in courses, or been matched with a Co-op position for the term.
I'M STARTING AT WATERLOO IN SEPTEMBER, CAN I GET MY PROOF OF ENROLMENT NOW?
Welcome to Waterloo! We cannot officially confirm your enrolment and process your request until July (when your class schedule is set). Once you are officially enroled in your fall courses you will be able to produce a Proof of Enrolment from Quest.