United honours our former students and residents with the Distinguished Alumni and Young Alumni Awards in recognition of those individuals who have:
- Achieved notable success in their profession or field of study or
- Contributed significantly to society, United/Waterloo or their community through leadership, volunteer service and/or philanthropic endeavours or
- Demonstrated dedication and leadership in one of the following:
- International Development
- Aboriginal issues
- Social justice/human rights
- Youth Mentorship
- Church leadership
Eligibility and Process
- hold a degree from the University of Waterloo and
- have lived in residence at United for at least two semesters or have completed a degree program supported by St. Paul's (International Development, Canadian Studies, Studies in Personality and Religion)
Young alumni are those who have graduated within the past 10 years.
A selection committee will review all submissions and choose winners based on the criteria above.