United is a small, close-knit community at the University of Waterloo where you can share ideas, learn about yourself and explore how you can make a difference in the world.
All undergraduate students studying at Waterloo — from any faculty — are welcome. We are also part of the university's residence guarantee for first-year students.
Students love living here because they enjoy:
- being part of a smaller community of 330 undergraduates from all faculties and programs.
- living five minutes from some classes.
- having individual air-temperature control in all rooms (heat and air conditioning!) and new or newly renovated washrooms in all residence wings.
- the Environment Living Learning Community — living with others who share your passion about the environment.
- the Women in Engineering Living Learning Community — providing support for the unique needs of first-year female Engineering students as they transition to university
- making a difference through the GreenTeam, the Student Refugee Program and community service activities.
- GreenHouse, a social impact incubator where students receive mentorship training, and funding to solve social or environmental problems.
- La Bastille -- the University of Waterloo's only French language floor.
- plenty of great experiences.
United also has:
- Quiet study spaces
- Wireless Internet in residence rooms and common areas
- Two pianos
- Laundry facilities
- Games room (pool table, foosball, ping pong, vending machines)
- On-site parking
- On-site photocopier
- Student snack kitchen
- Meditation room/chapel
- Large, outdoor playing field
Low ratio of upper-year Dons to students (1:25)