First-year students are guaranteed residence!
University is about broadening all your horizons – not just the academic ones! And where you live plays an important role in new experiences you’ll treasure for a lifetime.
You’re guaranteed a place in residence if
- you're admitted to a first-year program, and
- you accept your Offer of Admission by June 1, 2017, and
- you submit your Residence Community Ranking Form and a $500 non-refundable deposit no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on June 1, 2017, and
- you meet any conditions outlined on your Offer of Admission
This guarantee does not apply if you miss the June 1, 2017, deadline to submit your Residence Community Ranking Form and deposit.
Which residences are included?
The guarantee includes our main Waterloo Residences:
- Columbia Lake Village-South
- Mackenzie King Village
- Ron Eydt Village
- UW Place
- Village 1
and 3 of our on-campus University Colleges:
Conrad Grebel University College, another on-campus residence, is not included in the residence guarantee. If you’d like to live at Grebel, you’ll need to complete an application well before May 29th, 2017 and attend a personal interview.
Transferring to Waterloo? We can make life easier by guaranteeing you a place in an upper-year residence.
Living off campus
Waterloo's Off-Campus Housing office provides resources to help you find rental accommodation.
Learn more about residence
- the residence experience
- how residence works
- comparing residences
- Living-Learning Communities