First-year students are guaranteed residence!
University is about broadening all your horizons – not just the academic ones! And where you live plays an important role in new experiences you’ll treasure for a lifetime.
You’re guaranteed a place in Waterloo Residences, Renison, St. Jerome’s, or St. Paul’s if:
- You're admitted to a first-year program, and
- You accept your Offer of Admission by June 1, 2017, and
- You submit your Residence Community Ranking Form and a $500 non-refundable deposit no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on June 1, 2017, and
- You meet any conditions outlined on your Offer of Admission.
This guarantee applies ONLY to:
- Waterloo Residences (Columbia Lake Village-South, Mackenzie King Village, Ron Eydt Village, UW Place, Village 1)
- Renison | St. Jerome's | St. Paul's
This GUARANTEE DOES NOT APPLY if you miss the June 1, 2017, deadline to submit your Residence Community Ranking Form and your deposit.
The residence guarantee does not apply to:
Living off campus
Waterloo's Off-Campus Housing office provides resources to help you find rental accommodation. Prices vary widely depending on amenities and how close you are to campus.
See inside residences with 360o photographs
Explore Waterloo's residence rooms with interactive 360-degree photographs.
Learn more about residence
Visit Waterloo’s main residence website for details on:
- the residence experience
- how residence works
- comparing residences
- Living-Learning Communities