Warning message

You must log in to view this form.

Graduate gender update form

Use this form to:

  • update your gender on your University of Waterloo graduate student record

Note: To change your name on your student record, complete a separate Change of Name Form.

Important information

Before submitting your request, consider the following:

  1. This form will be processed by the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) Records Team and may be viewed by the Assistant Vice-President, GSPA. Confidentiality related to student data is maintained at all times.
  2. Your updated gender information, and any related updates to this field, is classified as restricted information and is limited to appropriate, authorized use only.
  3. Gender is used for statistical and administrative purposes only and will not appear on official academic documents such as transcripts or diplomas.
  4. This change may affect your eligibility for some bursaries and awards where gender is a deciding factor in awarding funds. Contact the Associate Director, Graduate Financial Aid and Awards for questions or concerns.
  5. This change may affect your eligibility for the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
  6. Campus Housing may initiate a conversation for matters relating to gender-based accommodations.
  7. Please contact the Assistant Vice-President, GSPA if you have questions about the impact of this change, as per points 4-6 above.

Information and privacy: questions regarding the collection of information on this form can be directed to the form administrator.