Use this form to:
- update your gender on your University of Waterloo graduate student record
Note: To change your name on your student record, complete a separate Change of Name Form.
Before submitting your request, consider the following:
- This form will be processed by the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) Records Team and may be viewed by the Assistant Vice-President, GSPA. Confidentiality related to student data is maintained at all times.
- Your updated gender information will appear on your student record (e.g., Quest) and those with access to your student record will be able to see this information.
- Gender is used for statistical and administrative purposes only and will not appear on official academic documents such as transcripts or diplomas.
- This change may affect your eligibility for some bursaries and awards where gender is a deciding factor in awarding funds. Contact the Associate Director, Graduate Financial Aid and Awards for questions or concerns.
- This change may affect your eligibility for the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
- Campus Housing may initiate a conversation for matters relating to gender-based accommodations.
- Please contact the Assistant Vice-President, GSPA if you have questions about the impact of this change, as per points 4-6 above.