Warning message

You must log in to view this form.

Undergraduate Gender Update Form

Use this form to update your gender on your University of Waterloo undergraduate student record.


  1. To change your preferred/chosen first name, visit WatIAM.
  2. To change your legal name on your student record, complete a Update Legal Name form.

Important information

Before submitting your request, consider the following:

  1. Your updated gender will appear on your Quest account.
  2. Gender is used for statistical purposes only and will not appear on official academic documents such as transcripts or diplomas.
  3. This change may affect your eligibility for some bursaries and awards where gender is a deciding factor in awarding funds. Contact Student Awards and Financial Aid if you have concerns or questions.

Information and privacy: questions regarding the collection of information on this form can be directed to the form administrator.