Engineering Village expired on February 29, 2016 and will not be renewed.
See the Collection review page for cancellation criteria.
- INSPEC (arrangements are being made to access the INSPEC Archive 1898-1968 on a separate platform)
Recommended alternatives to Engineering Village include:
- Scopus: indexes much of what is covered in Compendex, Inspec and GeoBase
- Web of Science: multidisciplinary database that started adding conference papers a few years ago so it covers more of the engineering literature
- Google Scholar: indexes scholarly information, particularly in the sciences and technology
Discipline-specific indexes and full-text digital libraries:
- ASCE Research Library: covers ASCE Conference Proceedings beginning in 1998, and all 30 ASCE Journal and Periodical volumes published since 1995
- ASME Digital Collection: provides full-text coverage of ASME's Transaction Journals from 1960 to the present and conference proceedings from 2002 to the present
- ASTM Standards and Engineering Digital Library: includes standards and technical engineering information for a broad range of engineering disciplines
- Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management: provides wide coverage of the environmental sciences including scientific journals, conference proceedings, reports, monographs, books and government publications
- IEEE Xplore: full-text IEEE articles and conferences
- SAE Digital Library: indexes all SAE standards and technical reports, includes full text of SAE standards, and recent technical reports
- Scitation (from the American Institute of Physics): full-text access to journals published and distributed by the American Institute of Physics, American Physical Society, and a range of other science and engineering societies