Golf's Steak House opened in 1976, at 598 Lancaster St. W. in Kitchener. The building was designed by W.H. Breithaupt in 1903, and was originally occupied by the Bridgeport Casino. Special Collections & Archives also holds the blueprints for the casino.

Bridgeport Casino

The Bridgeport Casino, ca. 1903. From Souvenir of Berlin, call number E1283.

In 1988, Golf's was the scene of a fire, and naturally enough, the KW Record was there to cover the incident. We were looking at these negatives recently, and thought that they told quite a dramatic narrative. Today, we share some of them with you.

Fireman getting dressed

Firemen on roof above Royal Room

Fire fighter on roof with smokeFire fighter on roof with smokeFire fighter on roof with smoke

Contact us about this post

Next post: Les oeuvres spirituelles de Monsieur de Bernieres Louvigni

Previous post: Journey of a party of pleasure to Paris in the month of August, 1802

Blog topics

  1. 2021 (1)
    1. July (1)
  2. 2020 (7)
    1. November (2)
    2. October (1)
    3. July (1)
    4. May (1)
    5. April (2)
  3. 2019 (6)
    1. September (1)
    2. August (1)
    3. July (1)
    4. May (1)
    5. January (2)
  4. 2018 (8)
    1. December (2)
    2. September (2)
    3. June (1)
    4. April (1)
    5. March (1)
    6. February (1)
  5. 2017 (10)
    1. October (1)
    2. September (1)
    3. August (2)
    4. July (1)
    5. May (1)
    6. April (2)
    7. February (2)
  6. 2016 (17)
    1. December (1)
    2. November (1)
    3. September (1)
    4. July (1)
    5. June (2)
    6. May (1)
    7. March (3)
    8. February (4)
    9. January (3)
  7. 2015 (20)