David Fuller is a Professor in the Department of Management Sciences at the University of Waterloo. He retired from teaching and administrative activities in 2015, but he remains active in research and graduate supervision.
His research interests lie in the areas of energy policy analysis, mathematical programming models of market equilibrium, and decomposition of large-scale mathematical programs. As a result of his research work, Professor Fuller has written articles and conference papers regarding engineering economics, cost analysis, energy modelling and applied optimization. Additionally, he was 1 of the 5 authors who wrote the book “Complementarity Modeling in Energy Markets”, published in 2012 by Springer.
Professor Fuller holds memberships with the Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS) and the Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS). With these organizations, he has played a part in helping put together and organize conference sessions. He also reviews articles for journals such as the IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Operations Research, and the European Journal of Operational Research, Networks and Spatial Economics.
- Energy Market Models
- Electricity Market Models
- Math Programming Models of Market Equilibrium
- Decomposition of Equilibrium Models
- Energy Policy Analysis
- 1980, Doctorate, Interdisciplinary Studies, University of British Columbia
- 1975, Master of Science, Applied Mathematics, University of British Columbia
- 1973, Bachelor of Science (BSc), Mathematics, Queen's University
- MSCI 261 - Engineering Economics: Financial Management for Engineers
- Taught in 2015
- Celebi, E., J.D. Fuller and Y.J. Wu, Models of Efficient Consumer Pricing Schemes in Electricity Markets, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 22(1), 2006, 60 - 67
- S. Wong and J.D. Fuller, Alternative Electricity Market System for Energy and Reserves Using Stochastic Optimization, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 22(2), 2006, 631 - 638
- Fuller, J.D. and W. Chung, Benders Decomposition for a Class of Variational Inequalities, European Journal of Operatonal Research, 85(1), 2007, 76 - 91