The wellbeing of our students, staff, and faculty matters! The ENGWellness Program is here to support and promote the wellbeing of our community throughout the year.
The Faculty of Engineering offers scholarships and fellowships for students entering Engineering graduate research programs. Read more about the available scholarships.
Learn more about Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering past and current seminars and events. Information on Departmental, PhD and MASc topics and events.
Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering Graduate Association
All registered graduate students in the MME department are considered members of MMEGA.
Role of MMEGA:
- Promote social interaction among members, particularly between different research groups and M.Eng students.
- Work closely with our faculty and staff to ensure MME grad students' concerns are considered (academic, administrative, and otherwise).
- Participate in the affairs and development of policies affecting graduate students at the University of Waterloo.
More information can be found on the MMEGA website.
Following is a list of forms that may be useful to graduate students in Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering.
- Change of enrolment status/voluntary withdrawal (PDF)
- Intention to Graduate/Program Completion Form (PDF)
- Drop/Add Form
- Petition for Time Limit Extension (PDF)
- Advisory Committee Report - University Level Time Limit Extensions (PDF)
- PhD Comprehensive Examination Time Limit Extension Request Form (PDF)
- Change of Supervisor Form (PDF)
- Research Travel Assistant Form (PDF)
- Nano Seminar Completion Form
- MEng Seminar Attendance Form
- Toyota Automotive Safety Graduate Scholarship Application Form
- Energy+Inc Graduate Diploma in Green Energy Scholarship
These forms and more can also be found on the Graduate Studies Forms page.
Interested in becoming a TA?
Teaching assistantships offer graduate students the chance to support the learning of undergraduates while building skills that will support them in their own academic careers.
ExpecTAtions is a mandatory workshop currently offered near the end of the fall and winter terms. Completion of ExpecTAtions is required for anyone wishing to serve as a teaching assistant in the Faculty of Engineering.
More information about the ExpecTAtions workshop can be found on the Teaching assistants page.
- Procedures and Deadlines for MAsc Thesis Submission
- PhD Thesis Deadlines and Procedures for Submission
Additional details and up-to-date information about spring 2021 convocation will be shared on this link as it becomes available.