The wellbeing of our students, staff, and faculty matters! The ENGWellness Program is here to support and promote the wellbeing of our community throughout the year.
The Faculty of Engineering offers scholarships and fellowships for students entering Engineering graduate research programs. Read more about the available scholarships.
MME Research Seminars
Learn more about Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering past and current seminars and events. Information on Departmental, PhD and MASc topics and events.
Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering Graduate Association
All registered graduate students in the MME department are considered members of MMEGA.
Role of MMEGA:
- Promote social interaction among members, particularly between different research groups and M.Eng students.
- Work closely with our faculty and staff to ensure MME grad students' concerns are considered (academic, administrative, and otherwise).
- Participate in the affairs and development of policies affecting graduate students at the University of Waterloo.
Our students are active and involved! There are endless opportunities to enrich your learning experience. Participate in events run by the MME Graduate Association; get involved with Engineers Without Borders; or join Women in Engineering to be part of an inclusive and supportive community!
Following is a list of forms that may be useful to graduate students in Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering.
- Change of enrolment status/voluntary withdrawal (PDF)
- Intention to Graduate/Program Completion Form (PDF)
- Drop/Add Form
- Petition for Time Limit Extension (PDF)
- Advisory Committee Report - University Level Time Limit Extensions (PDF)
- PhD Comprehensive Examination Time Limit Extension Request Form (PDF)
- Change of Supervisor Form (PDF)
- Research Travel Assistant Form (PDF)
- Nano Seminar Completion Form
- MEng Seminar Attendance Form
- Toyota Automotive Safety Graduate Scholarship Application Form
- Energy+Inc Graduate Diploma in Green Energy Scholarship
These forms and more can also be found on the Graduate Studies Forms page.
Interested in becoming a TA?
Teaching assistantships offer graduate students the chance to support the learning of undergraduates while building skills that will support them in their own academic careers.
ExpecTAtions is a mandatory workshop currently offered near the end of the fall and winter terms. Completion of ExpecTAtions is required for anyone wishing to serve as a teaching assistant in the Faculty of Engineering.
After completing the ExpecTAtions workshop and receiving authorization from your supervisor, you can apply for a TA position. More information about the ExpecTAtions workshop and how to apply can be found on the Teaching assistants page.
If you are interested in applying to be a TA and have met all the requirements, login to the following site: https://mmestudio.uwaterloo.ca.
- Procedures and Deadlines for MAsc Thesis Submission
- PhD Thesis Deadlines and Procedures for Submission
Additional details and up-to-date information about spring 2021 convocation will be shared on this link as it becomes available.