Phone: 519-888-4567 x44580
Location: E7 3302
Gerry Schneider is a professor in the Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
His research interests are in control volume-based finite element methods, speed flow prediction methods, phase change energy transportation, and machine vision.
Professor Schneider teaches numerous upper year Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering courses at the university. He has published several articles such as “Applications of an All-Speed Flow Algorithm to Heat Transfer Problems and Numerical Heat Transfer”, and “Performance of an Analogy-Based All-Speed Procedure without Any Explicit Damping”, along with other authors.
- Control-Volume-Based Finite Element Methods
- All-Speed Flow Prediction Methods
- Phase-Change Energy Transport
- Equation Solving for Physical Problems
- Machine Vision
- 1977, Doctorate, Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1974, Master's, Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1973, Bachelor's, Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- ME 201 - Advanced Calculus
- Taught in 2019
- ME 459 - Energy Conversion
- Taught in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- ME 659 - Energy and Environment
- Taught in 2022, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Darbandi, Masoud and Ghafourizadeh, Majid and Schneider, Gerry E, Datailed-Chemistry Modeling of a Bluff-Body Stabilized Methanol/Air Turbulent Nonpremixed Flame Using Finite-Element-Volume Method, 2nd International Conference on Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer, 2015
- Darbandi, Masoud and Ghafourizadeh, Majid and Schneider, Gerry E, Numerical Study on the Effects of Fuel Injector on Carbonaceous Pollutants in a Kerosene Combustor, 13th International Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum and Exposition, 2015
- Darbandi, Masoud and Ghafourizadeh, Majid and Schneider, Gerry E, Numerical Study on Surface Oxidation of Carbonaceous Nano-and Micro-Particles in a Heavily Sooting Ethylene Turbulent Jet Flame, 53rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition. Kissimmee, Florida, 2015, 2015 - 2084
- Darbandi, Masoud and Mohajer, Abbas and Behrouzifar, Ali and Jalali, Ramin and Schneider, Gerry E, Evaluating the effect of blade surface roughness in megawatt wind turbine performance using analytical and numerical approaches, , 2014
- Darbandi, Masoud and Ghafourizadeh, Majid and Schneider, Gerry E, Extending a Numerical Procedure to Simulate the Micro/Nanoscale Soot Formation in Ethylene-Air Turbulent Flame Using Acetylene-Route Nucleation, 11th AIAA/ASME Joint Thermophysics and Heat Transfer Conference, AVIATION, 2014
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.