Xianguo Li is a Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering Professor at the University of Waterloo.
Professor Li's main research interests and activities are in the area of thermal fluid/science, including energy systems and energy storage, various energy conversion devices, propulsion and power generation systems, aerosol generation and applications, and transportation fuel cell and battery systems. These research projects involve thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, hydrodynamic stability, multiphase flow, heat and mass transfer, liquid atomization and sprays, combustion, power generation and propulsion systems.
Professor Li is also the Founding Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Green Energy, which established the International Green Energy Conference series and launched the annual review series Progress in Green Energy. He is currently serving on the editorial board of dozens of international scientific/technical journals, book series on fuel cells and energy systems, as well as an encyclopaedia on Energy Engineering and Technology.
Professor Li is a fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada and a fellow of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME), and serves as the CSME Division Chair for the Advanced Energy Systems technical division.
- Fuel Cells
- Spray Dynamics
- Fluid Dynamics
- Heat And Mass Transfer
- Power Generation
- Propulsion Systems
- Fire Suppression
- Additive Manufacturing
- Digital Design And Fabrication Technologies
- Alternative Fuel
- Hybrid And Electric Vehicles
- Energy Storage
- Power Systems
- Renewable Energy
- 1989, Doctorate, Mechanical Engineering, Northweste University
- 1986, Master's, Mechanical Engineering, Northweste University
- 1982, Bachelor's, Thermal Energy Engineering, Tianjin University
- ME 456 - Heat Transfer 2
- ME 760 - Special Topics in Thermal Engineering
- Shahgaldi, Samaneh and Alaefour, Ibrahim and Unsworth, Grant and Li, Xianguo, Development of a low temperature decal transfer method for the fabrication of proton exchange membrane fuel cells, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42(16), 2017, 11813 - 11822
- Ghasemi, Abbas and Pereira, Aaron and Li, Xianguo and Ren, Yi, Multi-plume sprays interacting with subsonic compressible gas jets, Applied Energy, 190, 2017, 623 - 633
- Ghasemi, Abbas and Pereira, Aaron and Li, Xianguo, Large Eddy Simulation of Compressible Subsonic Turbulent Jet Starting From a Smooth Contraction Nozzle, Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 98(1), 2017, 83 - 108
- Ren, Yi and Li, Xianguo, Assessment and validation of liquid breakup models for high-pressure dense diesel sprays, Frontiers in Energy, 10(2), 2016, 164 - 175
- Saha, Kaushik and Li, Xianguo, Assessment of Cavitation Models for Flows in Diesel Injectors With Single-and Two-Fluid Approaches, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 138(1), 2016