Welcome to Waterloo
We're excited that you've chosen to become a student in the Faculty of Mathematics at Waterloo. We're working hard behind the scenes to finalise plans for September 2021 and we'll note any important updates here.
News - last updated 11 June 2021
- Register for one of our course selection Live Sessions scheduled for June 14 and 15. Please only register for one session as the content will be the same in all sessions.
- There's a new page explaining the delivery methods for your core courses and how to interpret the Schedule of Classes.
- Information has been finalised about access to CS 145, MATH 145 and MATH 147 in Fall 2021. You can review the eligibility criteria for CS 145 as well as MATH 145/147.
Some advice for our newest mathies
Countdown to Waterloo
Please review this timeline of deadlines and important dates. Please note that dates/deadlines are subject to change.
- Accept your offer by June 1
June 1, 2021, is the last day to accept your offer and begin studies in Fall (September) 2021.
- Submit your application for Campus Housing by June 1
Submit the Residence Community Ranking Form and non-refundable deposit by June 1, 2021, at 11.59 pm EDT. The form is the first step in the housing application process for the University of Waterloo.
There are opportunities for Math students to participate in Living-Learning Communities (LLC):
- St Paul's offers an LLC for students admitted to the Financial Analysis and Risk Management (FARM) program.
- Conrad Grebel offers an LLC for international students with an interest in music.
- Campus Housing offers an Academic Cluster for students in Chartered Professional Accountancy (Math/CPA) and Computing and Financial Management (CFM).
- Attend a course selection Live Session on June 14 or 15
Attend a course selection Live Session to answer some of your pressing questions. Sessions on Monday, June 14, are at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. (times in EDT) and sessions on Tuesday, June 15 are at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. (times in EDT). You should only attend one Live Session as the content will be the same for each session.
- Fall 2021 course selection begins on June 16
From 9 a.m. EDT on June 16, 2021, until 4:30 p.m. EDT on June 22, 2021, you will need to select your courses for Fall 2021 and choose which co-op sequence you wish to have (if applicable). Choosing your co-op sequence is first-come-first-served but course selection is not (you just need to complete it by the deadline!)
- Fall 2021 course selection ends on June 22
Tuesday, June 22, 2021, at 4.30 pm EDT is the deadline for the course and co-op sequence selection for Fall 2021.
If you miss this deadline, then you will be able to add courses yourself during the drop/add period from July 29 to September 21, 2021. It may be quite difficult to find classes with space so please be mindful of these deadlines.
- Waterloo Ready begins on July 6
Waterloo Ready begins!.
Sign into LEARN with your email@example.com email address and WatIAM password. You'll see Waterloo Ready - Math in your LEARN Courses and Communities. If you haven't set up your official uwaterloo.ca email through Office 365, you'll need to do so before you can access LEARN and Waterloo Ready.
- Drop/Add period begins July 29
You can make changes to your schedule and electives in Quest during your appointment time between July 29 to August 4. Your appointment time is when adding/swapping/dropping courses can be done in Quest. For example, if your appointment time is 9 am on July 30 then you will be blocked from any enrolment activity in Quest until that time. If you miss your appointment time, do not worry as courses can be added, including swapping to a different section of the same course, until 11.59 p.m. on Tuesday, September 21, 2021.
- Happy first day of classes!
Wednesday, September 8, 2021, is the first day of class for Fall 2021.
- Last day to add classes or swap sections is September 21
Tuesday, September 21, 2021, is the last day for all students to add classes to their schedule and/or swap to a different section of the same class.
- Last day to drop classes with 100% tuition refund is September 28
Tuesday, September 28, 2021, is the last day to drop classes and receive a 100% tuition refund. Beginning on September 29, 2021, you will receive a WD on your transcript if you decide to drop from a course and a 50% tuition refund for that course. You can find other important dates on the Registrar's Office webpage
Below, you will find links to specific information for these students:
If you have any questions about the information on this web page or about your studies at Waterloo: