- Getting ready to graduate
- Things to do before convocation
- Services to help you plan for the future
- Stay connected as an alumnus
It's time to graduate. Congratulations!
It's a long journey to convocation and there are a few steps you need to take before you can get there. Review the following information and the University of Waterloo's convocation website to make sure you cover all of your bases and get to graduation without any last-minute problems. Follow the steps below for a carefree walk across stage…
- Check that you have met all degree requirements: Use the appropriate Course Inventory Forms from your home department/school or the Undergraduate Calendar as a guide. Go through your unofficial transcript before your last year and make sure your fourth-year courses will fulfil your remaining requirements. If you have any questions be sure to speak with your academic advisor.
- Complete an Application to Graduate by the deadline.
- Verify your name, home address and email in Quest: It is important to confirm that your mailing and home address, as well as your current email address, are accurate on Quest.
Other things to consider before you graduate
Have your grad photos taken
Graduation photos are held in October and February for students graduating the following year. Grad photo dates will be communicated to graduating students once they are available.
Graduating students must sign-up online to make an appointment for their grad photos. AHS students must have their photo taken by New School Photography in order to be included in their class composites.
Help plan and/or attend your grad formal
If you are interested in helping out with the Grad Committee, watch for announcements around BMH or contact the Student Relations Officer. The AHS Grad Formal is held during your 4B (winter) term.
UWaterloo holds two convocations each year - one in mid-June and the other in late October. Convocation information is available on the University of Waterloo's convocation website, including what time you must arrive, where to pick up your gown, where the receptions are held, etc.
AHS holds a pre-convocation reception prior to all AHS convocation ceremonies. Invitations are sent out to all graduating students.
Valedictorians are selected for spring convocation. Details are outlined on the nomination form, which can be obtained by emailing the Student Relations Officer. Nominators must be members of the AHS graduating class.
|University of Waterloo Alumni Services||
Alumni Relations provides a variety of services to help you continue learning, save money, and connect with each other.
The UWaterloo alumni advantage gets you access to networking events, discounted travel and services, professional development opportunities and more.
|Alumni WatCard||Having an Alumni WatCard offers you access to UWaterloo online resources, appointments, events and more.|
|Career Development Services||
Alumni Career Advisors are available for appointments in person and by telephone.
CareerHub, an online career development guide, is available to all UWaterloo alumni.
Employers seeking to hire UWaterloo graduates may post jobs on WaterlooWorks. To log on, use your WatIAM username and password.
|AHS Graduate Studies||
Discover an exciting Master's degree in Public Health and Health Systems, Kinesiology, Recreation and Leisure Studies, Public Health, Health Informatics or Health Evaluation. With research or course-work options and offered online, in-class or blended – our Master’s programs offer a wide variety of study options.
Tell us your news!
We love to hear from alumni doing great things and often feature stories from our grads in News to You, the alumni website and our e-newsletter.
Send your stories, updates or comments to our Alumni Advancement Officer.
Sign up to Waterloo's E-Community
- Receive discounts on attractions and sporting events
- Use the Alumni Directory to search for classmates or connect with other UWaterloo alumni
- Receive the monthly enewsletter
- Join the Alumni E-Community
- Join an Alumni Chapter or become an ambassador in your city to attend events and network with other UWaterloo alumni.
- Don't forget to update your address!