Information for

Who should you see to get your questions answered?

The School of Public Health and Health Systems (SPHHS) has designed an advising system to meet your needs as you progress through the program. Appointments are always recommended and are usually necessary!

What's my concern? Who should I see?
I have general questions (e.g. minors, options, degree requirements, internal transfers into SPHHS)

First- and second-year students:
Melissa Santo and Andy Xu, Academic Assistants, Undergraduate Studies

(Katarzyna Satora is currently on leave.)

Upper-year students:
Doris Makowich, Administrative Coordinator, Undergraduate Studies

I have a question about international exchanges, internal transfers (to leave SPHHS) or my work term report Julie-Anne Desrochers, Student Success Officer
I have received a “Required to Withdraw” decision  

Doris Makowich, Administrative Coordinator, Undergraduate Studies

Your advisors are here to assist in making your university years as rewarding and uncomplicated as possible. If you have any questions and are not sure who to ask, start with your academic advisor. They can assist you with the following services:

  • Options, minors, and specialization information
  • Course information
  • Enrollment information
  • Administrative form assistance and processing, including override forms
  • Announcements for upcoming opportunities and events for students in the School of Public Health and Health Systems
  • General information

Feel free to drop by and introduce yourself!

Questions about Co-op?

For information about co-op requirements, process, work reports, and contacts for questions, visit co-op procedures.

Interested in transferring into the School of Public Health and Health Systems?

Check out this information if you are a University of Waterloo student interested in transferring into an undergraduate program offered by the School of Public Health and Health Systems.