Meet other first-year students in Health Studies and Public Health in our first-ever bingo night! Questions will be asked in a fun combination of Faculty of Health-specific, historical facts, and pop culture references. The answers to these questions will be on the squares of your bingo cards. Work as a team to figure out the answers and compete to be the first to get a bingo! Get ready for an awesome night with your peers and the chance to win prizes.
This bingo event is open to all first-year School of Public Health and Health System students.
How to participate
Registration is now closed.
- Participants will be added to a team by our event volunteers
- Individuals who are registered by the deadline will be sent an instructional email on the morning of February 24 with necessary links to participate
This event will be hosted on Microsoft Teams and incorporate the use of breakout rooms for team socialization and brainstorming. Volunteers will be hosting each team in their own breakout room. Depending on the flow of gameplay, the event will include multiple rounds to allow many participants to achieve bingo. The first person to get bingo in each breakout room will receive a prize.
Questions about this event can be emailed to Kaitlyn Neustaedter.
Prizes will include gift cards to Tim Hortons or Starbucks. Prizes will be awarded to the first person in each breakout room to get a Bingo.
This event is only open to University of Waterloo School of Public Health and Health Systems first-year students. Members must be registered by the deadline in order to participate.
- Participants are expected to communicate with each other in order to come up with answers to questions
- Participants in breakout rooms will have the opportunity to discuss and determine the correct answer
- If participants are able to reach the correct answer, the host will provide them with the answer and allow them to check it off other cards regardless
Participation and behavioural guidelines
- All participants must be current first-year School of Public Health and Health Systems members
- Participants may not enter a breakout room that is not their designated breakout room during the event
- Be respectful to your teammates and other teams. Playful banter is allowed, but please be patient with one another and avoid inappropriate language, negative comments, gestures, etc.
- Listen to and respect the host and other bingo volunteers
- Ask questions if you’re unsure
- Individuals that are found to be acting in a disrespectful manner towards other participants, teams or volunteers and/or ignoring the given guidelines, will be removed from gameplay. Given individuals will not be eligible to win a prize
- Most importantly, have fun!