No longer supervising new students
BSc Genetics (1969, McGill University)
PhD Cellular and Developmental Biology (1976, Purdue University)
Health Risk Assessment
Health Promotion & Disease Prevention
- Health effects of air pollution
- Health effects of water pollution
- Environmental health risk assessment
- Cancer prevention
- Sustainable Technology and Health
- Risk communication
Major funding sources
- Gower, S.K., Hicks, J., Shortreed, J., Craig, L., McColl, R.S. (2008).Development of a Health Effects-Based Priority Ranking System for Air Emissions Reductions from Oil Refineries in Canada. J Toxicol Environmental Health Part A. 71: 81-85.
- Gower, S.K., McColl, R.S. (2005). Development of the PEARLS Model (Particulate Exposure from Ambient to Regional Lung by Subgroup) and use of Monte-Carlo Simulation to Predict Internal Exposure to PM2.5 in Toronto. Risk Analysis 25 (2):301-315.
- Shubair, M.M., McColl. R.S., Hanning, R.M. (2005). Mediterranean dietary components and body mass index in adults: The Peel Nutrition and Heart Health Survey. Chronic Diseases in Canada, 26(2,3): 43-51.
- Jardine, C.G., Hrudey, S.R., Shortreed, J.H., Craig, L., Krewski, D., Furgal, C.,McColl, R.S. (2003). Risk Management Frameworks for Human Health and Environmental Risks. J. Toxicol Environ Health Part B, 6:569-641.
- McColl R. S., Hicks J., and Craig L. Environmental Health Risk Assessment and Management -- A Primer for Canadians. (book) Network for Risk Assessment and Management (NERAM). Waterloo, ON. August 2000.
- Tudor-Locke C. and R. S. McColl (2000). Factors Related to Variation in Premenopausal Bone Mineral Status: A Health Promotion Approach. Osteoporos Int 11(1): 1-24
- Cassin M. H., A. M. Lammerding, R.S. McColl, et al. (1998). Quantitative risk assessment for Escherichia coli O157:H7 in ground beef hamburgers. Int J Food Microbiol 41(1): 21-44.