Baccalaureate degree

When completing their Application to Graduate, students may request that the word "Bachelor" be replaced with the gender-neutral term "Baccalaureate" on their diploma. This option is available for all applicable undergraduate degrees offered by the University of Waterloo.

Graduates who have previously been awarded a Waterloo degree may request that their degree be re-issued in the gender-neutral nomenclature.

Important information

The term "Baccalaureate" will only appear on the diploma. Transcripts and any degree verification will only refer to "Bachelor". This terminology discrepancy between documents may result in border-crossing issues.