Call for applications will be communicated in late August/early September for the Winter term and in December/early January for the Spring term.
Requirements for Application
Students are invited to apply for the International Study Course who fulfil the following:
- Enrolled in: AFM, Biotechnology/CPA, CFM, Mathematics/CPA, or Master of Accounting
- SAF students enrolled in 2B or above
Complete the application - available through LEARN - and submit your application along with your résumé and unofficial transcript. Your application should address the following:
- Your interest in accounting and finance from an international perspective
- Relevant international work and/or experience in accounting and finance
- Description of an international business issue/challenge that most interest you, with reasons
- Demonstrated ability for self-directed work
- Demonstrated work ethic
Students will be selected through an application and interview process based on academic performance, work experience, aptitude, work ethic and interest in an international perspective of accounting and finance.
Students selected to the fund will be enrolled in AFM 334 (0.50) – Special Topics.
You are expected to be prepared and involved in all course meetings throughout the term\class discussions, and corporate events before and during the course. This includes reading company documents, familiarizing yourself with the itinerary, considering any mentioned information prior to class or events during the course. For the scheduled company events, you are encouraged to be prepared to ask relevant questions about the speaker and the speaker's firm.