Centre for Extended Learning (CEL)
East Campus 3 (EC3)
195 Columbia St. W.
The Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) team of experts will work with you throughout the design and development process to produce a high quality course that achieves the desired learning outcomes.
Your course design and development team roles:
- An Online Learning Consultant (OLC) will be assigned to provide you with online pedagogy and instructional design expertise.
- For complex projects, a Project Manager (PM) will help you develop an achievable project plan and timeline. Your PM will keep your course project on track and on time.
- An Instructional Digital Media Developer (Developer) will work with you to design and develop engaging multimedia course materials that support active learning.
- A Learning Management System/Quality Assurance Specialist (LMS/QAS) will ensure your course meets Waterloo's quality standards and accessibility requirements. In addition, the LMS/QA Specialist will help you prepare your course for future terms.
- CEL’s Copyright Specialist (CS) will ensure the course content meets the university’s copyright guidelines.
- An Online Technologies Consultant (OTC) will provide technical training and support during your first and subsequent terms of offer.