Eight University of Waterloo researchers, including WIN member Anna Klinkova, have received Early Researcher Awards worth $1.12 million. The program, administered through the province of Ontario, assists recently appointed researchers to build their research teams. Each researcher will receive $140,000 over five years plus an additional $50,000 from the University.
Professor Klinkova’s research is focused designing electrocatalysts to convert waste small molecules into value-added products.
Other winners announced include:
- Chris Bachmann (Civil and Enironmental): Modeling crude oil shipments for risk assessment and economic/environmental analysis
- Martine August (School of Planning): Investing in rents: the impacts of apartment financialization in Canada
- Shane McIntosh (Cheriton School of Computer Science): Self-sustaining software build systems
- Walaa Moursi (Combinatorics and Optimization): Splitting algorithms for pathological optimization problems: static results and dynamic behaviour
- Sophie Spirkl (Combinatorics and Optimization): Structure and algorithms in graph theory