Where to find us
The Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences is housed in the Expansion Building, B.C. Matthews Hall, Lyle S. Hallman Institute for Health Promotion and Manulife Wellness Centre on the University's main campus.
The administrative offices are located on the 3rd floor of B.C. Matthews Hall. For locations of individual staff or faculty members, see Our people.
Directions to campus
By car – from highway 401
- Take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to highway 8 WEST Kitchener/Waterloo
- From Buffalo and Niagara Falls, follow the Queen Elizabeth Way in the "Toronto" direction to highway 403 WEST (1 hour); follow 403 WEST to highway 6 NORTH; follow 6 North to highway 401 WEST; follow 401 West to exit 278 (45 min.); proceed as below.
- Follow 8 WEST to 7 EAST (called the Conestoga Parkway). Be sure to take the exit for 7 EAST (not 7 WEST)
- Keep left; do not exit on 7 EAST (Victoria Street and Guelph). Expressway becomes 85 NORTH (formerly 86).
- Exit at University Avenue West and drive about 3 km
- Follow University Avenue to Seagram Drive – the main entrance to the University of Waterloo.
- From University Avenue, turn right onto campus and immediately turn right at the STOP sign.
- Proceed around campus's Ring Road to the second stop sign. B.C. Matthews Hall/Lyle S. Hallman Institute is the building complex on your left. (M-Lot Visitor Parking Lot is through STOP sign on the left.)
The following parking lots are closest to the Department and are available for use by visitors to campus:
- M-Lot - $6.00 pay and display ticket (adjacent to B.C. Matthews Hall/Lyle Hallman Institute)
- N-Lot - $5.00 pay and display ticket
- R-Lot - $5.00 coin gate - ONLY AVAILABLE from 3:45 p.m. onwards
List of all parking lots on campus