WebsiteVisit Sirisha Rambhatla's Research Website
Dr. Rambhatla is an Assistant Professor in the Management Sciences Department, Faculty of Engineering with cross appointments with David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science and Systems Design Engineering Department at the University of Waterloo, ON, Canada. Affiliated with Waterloo AI Institute and Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Aeronautics, she leads the CriticalML lab where her research focusses on reliable artificial intelligence (AI) models for real-world decision making for critical applications in healthcare (transplant and surgery), intelligent automation, aviation, and climate change, using deep learning, time-series and spatiotemporal data analysis, blackbox interpretability, and provable algorithms. Her inter-disciplinary work spanning both theory and practice of machine learning (ML), has been published at top ML venues such as NeurIPS, ICLR, KDD, IJCAI, AAAI, and clinical venues such as AMIA, Urology Clinics North America, and Surgery. Recipient of academic awards such as the prestigious 2021 Merit Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral, and E Bruce Lee Memorial Fellowship, among others, Dr. Rambhatla received her Ph.D. and Master's in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A. in 2019 and 2012, respectively. She pursued her postdoctoral research (2019-21) in the Computer Science department at the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A. She received her B.Tech with Honors in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from College of Engineering Roorkee, Roorkee, India in 2010, where she was the university Bronze Medalist for the class of 2010.
- Representation Learning, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Spatiotemporal Data Analysis, Computer Vision , AI for Healthcare, AI for Intelligent Automation
- 2019, Doctorate, Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota -- Twin Cities
- 2012, Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota -- Twin Cities
- 2010, Bachelor's, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, College of Engineering Roorkee
- MSCI 436 - Decision Support Systems
- Taught in 2022, 2023
- MSCI 546 - Advanced Machine Learning
- Taught in 2023
- MSCI 598 - Special Topics in Management Engineering
- Taught in 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.