Last updated: April 19, 2017
The undergraduate unofficial transcript is the based document we use to provide your grades and academic standing. You can view and print it through Quest . We do not mail end of term grade reports.
If you need an official transcript to apply for a job or attend another university or graduate school, submit a transcript request.
Information appears in the following order:
This section details:
- course work taken at another university or college that is being credited towards your Waterloo degree
- the name of the institution at which transfer credits were taken
- specific Waterloo course equivalents, where appropriate
- course work without a specific Waterloo equivalent such as "BIOL 1XX Biology Transfer Credit" ("1XX" means an unspecified course at the 100 level. "2XX" or "3XX" may also appear for 200 or 300 level courses)
- the total number of external transfer credits
All undergraduate degrees you have earned from Waterloo appear here in chronological order.
Academic program history
A complete history of your program and academic plan enrolment(s) appears in chronological order.
This section details:
- all courses passed and failed by term
- course name, number, title, unit weight earned/unit weight of course, grade earned
- requirement designation, requirement designation grade, if applicable
- term average, term units, cumulative overall average, and cumulative units
- an honour, if applicable, such as a Dean's Honours List notation
- academic standing
- the text of advising comments
- before Fall 2001, students in Applied Health Sciences, Arts, Environmental Studies, and Independent Studies who took a course in Engineering, Mathematics, or Science would have seen a letter grade derived from the assigned numeric grade. The original numeric grade will now appear. The original weighting value of the letter grade is used in average calculations.
- before Fall 2001, students in Engineering, Mathematics, or Science who took a course in Applied Health Sciences, Arts, Environmental Studies, and Independent Studies would have seen a numeric grade derived from the assigned letter grade. The original letter grade will now appear. The weighting value of the letter grade is used in average calculations.
- Averages appear on the unofficial transcript but do not appear on the official transcript.
- If you have courses on your record taken before Fall 1985, the grades are not included in your averages and the attempts are not reflected in unit counts. These courses and grades will be considered when reviewing your eligibility to graduate.
The following alpha grades may appear for a course with the average calculation value as shown:
Also see the transcript legend.
Note: N/A means not applicable.
|Description||Average Calculation Value|
|Aegrotat, credit granted due to illness or extenuating circumstances||N/A|
|AUD||Audit only, no credit granted||N/A|
|DNW||Did not write examination, no credit granted||32|
|FTC||Failure to complete course requirements in a course with a grade of INC (incomplete), no credit granted||32|
|INC||Incomplete course work, no credit granted||N/A|
|IP||Course in progress, no grade assigned and no credit granted at this time and no credit granted||N/A|
|MM||Missing mark, no credit granted||N/A|
|NCR||No credit granted, failure recorded||N/A|
|NG||In progress grade||N/A|
|NMR||No mark reported, no credit granted||32|
|RPL||Supplemental grade confirming a failed course has been replaced by a suitable alternative passed course||N/A|
|UR||Grade under review or disciplinary proceedings underway, decision pending, no credit granted.
Note: Where disciplinary penalties are being considered or have been imposed for an academic offense committed in a course, the student may not drop the course in question. The student is responsible for all course material and assignments until the case is resolved.
|WD||Withdrew after the drop deadline, no credit granted||N/A|
|WF||Withdrew/Failure, no credit granted||32|
Some course entries might include the following requirement designations:
|SUPA||Supplementary Examination Allowed|
|XTRA||Extra to Degree|
Of these, only two can have requirement designation grades, ENGL or SUPP. In each case, the requirement designation grade may be either S (satisfied)/N (not satisfied).
Non-course milestones are requirements such as the English Proficiency Requirement (ELPE), Work Reports, or Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). They appear with the date of completion.
Note: Engineering, co-op work reports display as milestones but also have the status of courses with appropriate weighting. They also appear with other courses with grades but are not included in average calculations.
Scholarships and grants
If you received a merit-based scholarship administered by the University, the name of the scholarship or award and the year it was awarded will appear here. External scholarships do not appear on undergraduate transcripts.