Congratulations! You are about to join a prestigious network of more than 140,000 Waterloo alumni.
This checklist is designed to provide you with resources and information to help navigate the graduation process.
General academic requirements
2. Check your unofficial transcript on Quest to ensure you have been recommended to graduate in the “Degrees Awarded” section.
3. Clear any outstanding fees on your student account, including parking and library fines. Your diploma and transcript will be withheld if you have any outstanding fees.
4. Update your mailing, home address and email addresses on Quest to ensure you receive your convocation invitation and information regarding tax receipts. Note: Alumni have access to Quest indefinitely to generate statements of account and access tax receipts.
Other information from the Registrar’s Office
6. English Language Proficiency Exam (ELPE) - All University of Waterloo students must successfully pass the ELPE prior to graduation. The exam is scheduled three times a year prior to exams. Make sure you know the dates.
7. Fill out the Intent to Graduate form.
This guide contains all you need to know about convocation, including dates and times, gown and hood rental, information for relatives and friends, and more.