- you live more than 100 km from an examination centre
- you are writing more than two examinations at a centre other than Waterloo. These exam centres only hold two exam sessions.
- you cannot write examinations for religious reasons; you will be required to provide documentation
- you have special needs that preclude writing at an examination centre; you will be required to provide documentation
- you must reschedule your examination due to circumstances beyond your control (see alternate exam options)
- you are in active military or diplomatic corps service
How to find a proctor
You are responsible for finding an appropriate proctor. The proctor must not be related to you in any way (including by marriage or common law), must not reside at the same address as you, and must not be currently enroled in a Waterloo online/distance course. We need to be able to verify the information the proctor submits to minimize academic integrity issues. Proctors must read English fluently.
Who can proctor:
- Teachers/educational professionals (active or retired) above the pre-school level
- Administrative employees of a university, school, or college
- Religious institution officials (e.g. priest, rabbi, pastor, minister, nun, monk, or imam)
- Library staff
- Human resources staff (only for co-op students)
- Military officers (only for members of the military and their spouses)
- Health care workers (for students registered with Waterloo's AccessAbility Services)
- Contact North (122 Centres located in Ontario)
- National College Testing Association sites - United States
What you need to know about submitting your proctor information
Waterloo pays proctors $15 CAD/hr. Students are responsible for any additional fees. We will reimburse for shipping costs to return the examination to us.
The proctored exam must be written between December 6 - 9
Final Exam proctor submission deadline - Tuesday, October 8
Once you submit the form, you will receive an email confirmation, and we will send an email to your proctor asking them to complete their personal information form. Once that form is submitted, you and your proctor will also receive confirmation by email. We will then verify the proctor's submission and email you both when the proctor is approved, or in the case where the proctor is not eligible.