Welcome to the Games Institute!
The Games Institute conducts research into the past, present, and future of digital games. Our researchers span the breadth of related disciplines, from the humanities and social sciences through engineering and computer science. With a research network joining multiple universities and multiple industry partners, we explore the human side of games and game-related technologies and interactions, with the constant goal of understanding the compelling user engagement that games deliver in fields ranging from entertainment, education, health, and business.
- Crowdsourcing Hockey History
- The Waterloo Game Analysis and Monitoring Environment (WatGAME) Canada Foundation for Innovation grant
- The Interactive MultiModal Experience Research Syndicate (IMMERSe) - Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) Partnership Grant
- Applications as Stories - Natural Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada (NSERC) Engage grant
- Gamification 2013: Gameful Design, Research, and Applications - Conference, Oct 2-4, 2013
- Gamification and the Stratford Festival
- A Multicultural Exploration into Research and Education for Surface Computing (LEIF)
- The Gamification Hub
- Apr. 6, 2014
- Feb. 21, 2014
- Feb. 19, 2014