Co-operative and Experiential Education offers two types of events to complement your campus recruiting strategy and to enhance UWaterloo students’ professional development.
Let UWaterloo support you in hosting an on-campus or virtual information session.
Employer information sessions (EIS) are events coordinated and facilitated by Co-operative and Experiential Education in partnership with the host organization. They can be held in-person on campus or virtually.
Our EIS team is available to manage and coordinate all of the details to help make your event a success. This includes:
- Hosting and complete support for either virtual and on-campus events from inception to completion and follow-up.
- Student registration, scheduling management and distribution of event reminders to registrants.
- Promotion of each EIS event on social media and other UWaterloo channels.
- Consultation regarding event best practices and tips for success.
Note: A fee of $250 will be charged for the support of EIS.
If your organization is hosting a networking, continuing education or professional development event, let us promote that event to UWaterloo students.
Event promotion includes:
- Posting event details and links to registration (if applicable) to our student-facing calendar of upcoming networking and professional events.
- Driving student traffic to this calendar via regular social media promotion.
Note: This option only promotes the event through the calendar and does not provide logistical support for the event itself; just promotion of this event as stated.
Attend our annual Career and Job Fairs. As part of Partnerships for Employment (a partnership between the University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Guelph and Conestoga College), we host two events per year: a Career Fair (last Wednesday in September, annually) and a Job Fair (first Wednesday in February, annually).
Visit the Partnerships for Employment website for more information.
- Waterloo Student Clubs and Associations (WUSA)
- Visit the Waterloo Student Clubs and Associations website to advertise your events.
- Student handbook
- The WUSA handbook is given out to all students every September. Email Kevin Suess at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-888-4567 x36338 for advertising requests.
- Support CEE through scholarships and awards
Email Kate Dal Castel at email@example.com.
- Sponsor athletics, and campus recreation events and teams
Email Jenny Mackay at firstname.lastname@example.org, Manager, Marketing and Communications.
- Sponsor a Waterloo Centre for Automotive Research Student Team
- Waterloo campus newspapers
- Campus-wide student paper: Imprint
- Faculty of Engineering paper: Iron Warrior
Call 519-888-4567 x36355 or visit the Iron Warrior website for more information.
- Faculty of Mathematics newsletter: mathNEWS
Call 519-888-4567 x36355 or visit the mathNEWS website for more information.