Dana Porter Library renovations are progressing according to schedule. The expected completion date is in mid-July.
Some of the additions you can look forward to following the renovation include:
- new lounge space on the 3rd Floor
- new group study area on the 3rd Floor
- more bookable group study spaces on the 3rd Floor
- new carpet and paint in renovation sections of the 3rd Floor
- new reflection room for meditation and mindfulness on the 7th Floor
Conversations around furniture are underway and a new blog post will be published to showcase selected furniture items sometime in the next month. So far, decisions have been made around carpeting and paint finishes, which can be viewed below.
While the noisiest work on the 3rd Floor has been completed, there will still be instances of intermittent construction noise. If you feel you would benefit from free earplugs to help reduce the disturbance, please request some at the Circulation or Assignment and Research Help Desks. On behalf of the University of Waterloo Library, we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the 2017/2018 Library Renovations.