Industrial Research Chair, Associate Professor, PEng, Welding & Joint Specialization Coordinator
Phone: 519-888-4567 x38560
Location: E5 3036
Fax: (519) 885-5862
- PhD (Toronto)
- BASc (Toronto)
- Physical metallurgy of welded components
- Mechanical properties of pipeline welds
- Friction stir welding of dissimilar materials
- Materials characterization using quantitative electron microscopy (SEM, EBSD, TEM)
- ME 115 Structure and Properties of Materials
- ME 230 Control of Properties of Materials
- ME 632 Experimental Methods in Material Engineering
- A.R.H. Midawi, E.B.F. Santos, N. Huda, A. K. Sinha, R. Lazor, A.P. Gerlich, Microstructures and Mechanical Properties in Two X80 Weld Metals Produced Using Similar Heat Input, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, in press, 2015.
- F. Khodabakhshi, A. Simchi, A.H. Kokabi, P. Švec, F. Simančík, A.P. Gerlich, Effects of nanometric inclusions on the microstructural characteristics and strengthening of a friction-stir processed aluminum-magnesium alloy, accepted in Materials Science and Engineering A, 2015.
- Y. Chen, J. Chen, B. Shalchi Amirkhiz, M.J. Worswick, A.P. Gerlich, Microstructures and properties of Mg-alloy - DP600 steel dissimilar refill friction stir spot welds, accepted in Sci. Tech. Weld. Joining, 2015.
- J. Mohammadi, Y. Behnamian, A. Mostafaei, H. Izadi, T. Saeid, A.H. Kokabi, A.P. Gerlich, Friction stir welding joint of dissimilar materials between AZ31B magnesium and 6061 aluminum alloys: Microstructure studies and mechanical characterizations, Materials Characterization, 101, 2015, pp. 189–207.
- A.P. Gerlich, H. Izadi, J. Bundy, P.F. Mendez, Microstructural analysis of a flux cored welds using a 4%Ni steel consumable exhibit both high strength and toughness, Welding Journal, January 2014, 15s-22-s.
University of Waterloo