Xianguo Li is a Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering Professor at the University of Waterloo.
Professor Li's main research interests and activities are in the area of thermal fluid/science, including energy systems and energy storage, various energy conversion devices, propulsion and power generation systems, aerosol generation and applications, and transportation fuel cell and battery systems. These research projects involve thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, hydrodynamic stability, multiphase flow, heat and mass transfer, liquid atomization and sprays, combustion, power generation and propulsion systems.
Professor Li is also the Founding Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Green Energy, which established the International Green Energy Conference series and launched the annual review series Progress in Green Energy. He is currently serving on the editorial board of dozens of international scientific/technical journals, book series on fuel cells and energy systems, as well as an encyclopaedia on Energy Engineering and Technology.
Professor Li is a fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada and a fellow of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME), and serves as the CSME Division Chair for the Advanced Energy Systems technical division.
For more information: http://mme.uwaterloo.ca/~x6li/
- Additive manufacturing
- Digital design and fabrication technologies
- Alternative fuels
- Hybrid and electrical vehicles
- Energy storage
- Power systems
- Renewable energy
- MSc., PhD., Northwestern University
- B. Eng., Tianjin University
- ME 201 - Advanced Calculus
- ME 456 - Heat Transfer 2
- ME 482 - Mechanical Engineering Project
- ME 557 - Combustion 1
- ME 662 - Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- ME 752 - Fuel Cell Technology
- E&CE 309 - Introduction to Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- SYDE 381 - Thermodynamics
- Li, M.* and X. Li, Investigation of wind characteristics and assessment of wind energy potential for Waterloo Region, Canada. Accepted for publication in Energy Conversion and Management, February 2005.
- Hussain*, M.M., J. Baschuk*, X. Li and I. Dincer, Thermodynamic analysis of a PEM fuel cell power system. Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Thermal Sciences, February 2005.
- Karimi, G.**, J.J. Baschuk* and X. Li, Performance Analysis and Optimization of PEM Fuel Cell Stacks Using Flow Network Approach. Accepted for publication in the Journal of Power Sources, January 2005.
- Baschuk, J.J.* and X. Li, A general formulation for a mathematical PEM fuel cell model. Accepted for publication in Journal of Power Sources, September 2004.
- Du, Q.* and X. Li, Effect of gas stream swirls on the instability of viscous annular liquid jets. Accepted for publication in Acta Mechanica, 2004