Your application to the Optometry Program will require several university transcripts to be forwarded to the Optometry Admissions Office:
- An interim transcript is due at the same time as your Admission Information Form (AIF)
- If granted an interview, a transcript of your fall (September to December) course work
- If admitted to the program, a transcript of your winter (January to April) course work
Visit the important dates page for due dates.
All prerequisite courses must be completed by the May deadline before entry in to the Optometry program.
Courses completed between the end of May and the beginning of September of the year you enter Optometry will not be considered by the Admissions Committee.
Applicants who have not completed all the prerequisites will not be admitted. There are no exceptions.
Transcripts while attending an Ontario university
If you attended the University of Waterloo for your pre-requisites, you do not need to request transcripts.
- If you will be/are attending a university in Ontario (other than Waterloo), you must use the online system to request a transcript to be sent immediately. There is a fee for this service.
- If you are currently registered in the fall 2016 term, you must then contact the universities you’ve attended to request that a transcript be mailed directly from the university to the Registrar's Office at the University of Waterloo with your end of term final fall 2016 marks. The deadline for this transcript is January 30, 2017.
- If admitted, you must then contact your university to request a transcript be mailed directly from the university to the Registrar's Office at the University of Waterloo with your end of term final winter 2017 marks. The deadline for this transcript is June 20, 2017.
Transcripts from outside Ontario
If you are attending a university outside Ontario, you will have to make independent arrangements to have your transcripts sent to the Registrar's Office at the University of Waterloo. This is typically arranged through your own university's Registrar's Office. There is usually a fee for this service.
Have the transcripts sent to
200 University Avenue West
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1