Federal government agency
Job Title: Tax Auditor - Audit Division
GST "prepayment review" program - 1 co-op position
- Involves the review of GST credit returns for compliance with the Excise Tax Act.
- Will review GST registrant returns for accuracy and audit potential
- Will review books and records to verify the validity of GST returns
- Will communicate with registrants by telephone, in person or by letter on a consistent basis.
Charities division - income tax & GST - 2 co-op positions
- Locating taxpayers and their representatives, contacting taxpayers by letter, conducting interviews by telephone and at the Tax Services Office.
- Contacting taxpayers to verify charitable donation receipts claimed. Verifying proof of payment and occasionally verifying the receipt with the issuing charitable organization.
- Preparing reassessments to deny donation claims when the information submitted is not satisfactory.
- Organizing and developing a workload, analyzing existing information and taxpayer history to ensure an effective investigation.
- Able to Work in a team environment in order to achieve set results.
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills will be required.
- Must be a self starter and possess the ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Able to meet deadlines and complete work within established time-frames.
- Certified Management Accounting (CMA) bound students preferred.
These positions are for full-time employment (37.5 hours per week) for the duration of the work term. Preference may be given to the student willing to work two work terms and to those students living in Canada continuously for the past five years.
On the application submitted, please rank the positions in order of preference. If you do not have a preference, please indicate this on your application. Your rankings will be considered when making placements, however you may be placed in any one of the positions available.
Eligibility: Canadian post-secondary students enrolled in a co-operative program where work experience is a mandatory requirement for graduation.
Conditions of Employment: Enhanced reliability check for security clearance completed by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
Job Title: Fundraising Assistant
The XXXXX not-for-profit organization plays an integral role in our community. As well, XXXX is the largest non-government funder of XXXX research in Canada.
The XXXXX, Ontario unit is currently looking for a Fundraising Assistant between January to April 2011 to provide support to the Residential Campaign and the XXXX Campaign.
Note that although this position is voluntary, there is tremendous opportunity to develop skills that will be essential in almost any career. You will have the chance to show your leadership talents while participating in a team that is making a difference!
- Provide administrative support to the organizing committees and fundraising coordinator.
- Answer inquiries from the public and those volunteers participating in the campaigns.
- Responsible for follow up on canvassing kits not yet returned.
- Organize supplies and assist at return depot night for the XXXXX Campaign.
- Assist with campaign follow up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Related education and/or experience in event management, marketing or business administration.
- Above average customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in working independently and in a team environment
- Highly motivated, friendly, outgoing and reliable
- Extremely organized
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a business-style environment