The Department of Applied Mathematics offers a variety of plans that lead to the BMath Honours degree, as follows:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics with specializations
- Applied Mathematics with Engineering specializations
- Mathematical Physics
- Applied Mathematics with Scientific Computing
Recommended schedule for Applied Mathematics plans.
It is essential that you refer to the Undergraduate Calendar for the complete requirements for each plan.
PHYS 121 is not required for Applied Mathematics with Scientific Computing.
A major in Applied Mathematics may also be combined with a major in another department in a joint or double plan. Note the difference between a "double plan" and a "joint plan":
- For a "double plan" you must satisfy all the requirements of both departments
- For a "joint plan" the requirements of each department are somewhat reduced
Two popular combination plans are:
- Joint Applied Mathematics/Computer Science
- Double Applied Mathematics/Pure Mathematics
All academic programs require a certain number of courses within the Math faculty but outside of the Applied Mathematics program. In consultation with the other departments we have put together information on sensible "math elective" courses available to our students.
Applied Mathematics Minor:
An Applied Math Minor can be combined with most other majors in the Faculty of Mathematics.