The Arts Communication team is based in the Dean of Arts Office and is responsible for delivering a wide range of communication services within the Faculty and in coordination with University-level communication, marketing and outreach teams.
- Source, develop, publish, and promote Arts stories and news about research, teaching, students, alumni, and other Arts-related initiatives for various Arts and University channels, including
- work with Media Relations on media releases and expert advisories to promote Arts research and expertise in the media nationally and globally.
- collaborate with communication and marketing staff in University Relations to develop Arts stories for publications such as the Global Impact Report and Waterloo Magazine as well as campaign content.
- Support Arts' website portfolio, including advice on web best practices, accessibility, quality assurance, analytics and troubleshooting the WCMS. We can also connect you with training and support new website creation and migrations.
- Support social media, including management and strategy for Arts' faculty social media accounts, how to manage departmental content, best practices, amplifying department content and support.
- Promote events and opportunities, including developing and presenting speaker events in collaboration with Faculty and campus partners.
- Help departments tell their own stories and source photos — and amplify these stories on social media.
- Collaborate with communication staff and others from AFIWs, research centres, other central units such as Research, Advancement, GSPA, SSO to share content and promote Arts excellence.
- Support and collaborate with Arts Advancement and alumni relations team
- Support internal and external communication from the Dean’s Office (announcements, Inside Arts)
Wendy Philpott, Communication Manager, manages Arts communication planning and implementation overall and creates content for a range of Arts and UWaterloo publications.
Elizabeth Rogers, Communication Officer, manages Arts websites and creates content for a range of Arts and UWaterloo publications.
Olivia Vanderwal, Digital Communication Specialist, manages social media and content for a range of Arts and UWaterloo publications.
We also have a Microsoft Teams space for people who manage web and social media. Please contact Elizabeth Rogers for more information.