As a graduate student in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, you must complete a series of Health and Safety requirements.
When you have completed all of your Health and Safety requirements, fill out appropriate Health and Safety form and return to the appropriate person as listed below. A copy of the Health and Safety form will also be included in your Welcome Package.
- Health and Safety for MASc and PhD (return to the Department Assistant in E2 2336)
- Health and Safety for MEng (return to the Administrative Coordinator in E2 2328A)
1. Complete the online training modules from the Safety Office Training Programs page. SO2017, SO1001, and SO1081 are mandatory for all students. If you will be working in a lab, you must also complete SO1010 and any harzard specific training as outlined by your supervisor and/or lab technician.
- SO2017 Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015
- SO1001 Employee Safety Orientation
- SO1081 Workplace Violence Awareness
- SO1010 Laboratory Safety (if applicable)
- Harzard specific training (if applicable)
2. Read Policy 34.
3. If you are working in a lab, you must also complete laboratory-specific orientation training. Please contact the laboratory technician who works in your specific research group in order to set up this training.