In consultation with the Faculty Associate Deans and the Faculty Administrative Assistants, and in an effort to provide additional support to our students, we will be having three presentation/Q&A “workshops”. The focus of these sessions will be academic in nature and are meant to act as a supplement to what your Faculty and departments may already be offering in terms of one-on-one support for your prospective scholarship applicants.
The concept of these workshops will include:
- presentations from senior faculty members about their experiences from an institutional committee member and supervisor perspective;
- presentation from a faculty member speaking about their experience as a national level committee member;
- presentation from representative from the Writing & Communication Centre about resources and services they offer about reviewing research proposals;
- presentation from a successful student about tips and words of wisdom from the applicant’s perspective;
- open Q&A between audience and speakers;
- specific one-on-one time between students and faculty members
Further information will be posted on the Graduate Studies website soon.