Have a question that's not on this list? Please email Professor Jay Dolmage.
- What's the difference between course selection and course enrollment?
- I want to enrol in a course but Quest tells me the course is full, what can I do?
- I want to enrol in a course but Quest tells me I don't meet the reserve requirements, what can I do?
- I want to enrol in a course but Quest tells me I don't meet the pre-requisite requirements, what can I do?
- Which calendar plan do I follow? Does it matter?
- How do I find my year plan on the Academic Calendar?
Course selection is when you get the chance to choose your courses for a later term. This means you don't have to wait until open enrollment starts, and you still have the option of changing your mind once enrollment opens. The scheduling system will try to create conflict free schedules depending on what students choose during course selection.
Course enrollment is when you can change your selection choices or enroll in courses if you haven't already. You will need to check that courses don't clash with one another and some courses may already be full.
If the course is ENGL 109 or ENGL 210F, I'm sorry to tell you that we cannot override the course limit for these courses. You can add yourself to the waitlist queue by completing our waitlist form here. If you require this course for an ELPE recovery, please check with your advisor which other courses may fulfill the requirement.
If the course ends with "R", you can sign up to the waiting list by filling out the form on the Renison University College website.
If the course location is listed as STJ, please contact the instructor directly.
For main campus (UW) or online courses, please use the course waitlist.
If you have further questions regarding a full course, please contact Jenny Conroy (email@example.com).
The reserves are monitored regularly and if seats in courses are not taken by students who fulfill the reserve requirement, we are able to offer the spots to students who do not meet the requirements. Please add yourself to our course waitlist and if we are able to override the reserve for you, you will be contacted by email.
In most cases we are unable to override pre-requisite requirements. The requirements are there to ensure you have the knowledge necessary for the course. Please contact Jenny Conroy in the Undergraduate Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
Each year the Undergraduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated and any changes to plans will be reflected. The calendar plan you follow may be different than the plan was the year before. Therefore, the courses you choose may be different than someone who is following the same degree but a different year. Please see the page titled "Bachelor of Arts Degree Requirements" to find out which calendar you should be following.
You can change to a later plan by submitting a plan modification form to the Undergraduate Office (HH 251) or to your Undergraduate Advisor.
If you are not following the most recent calendar, you will need to select yours from the menu. Please see the step by step instructions below.
- Click the "List of Calendars" link on the top of the left hand menu.
- Choose the year of the calendar you are looking for.
- Click on the "Faculty of Arts" link in the left hand menu.
- Click the "Arts Academic Plans" link in the centre menu.
- Click the "English Language and Literature" link in the centre menu.
- Click the link for the degree plan you are following (e.g. Honours English - Literature and Rhetoric.
- Optional - you can click on the link in the upper right hand corner if you want a clean printable version.