English Language and Literature
Tel 519 888-4567 x46803
Fax 519 746-5788
The Three-Year General degree plan provides you with a structured program of studies to ground you in the discipline of English. The three-year degree gives you an opportunity to pursue one of our department's four majors:
- Rhetoric, Media, and Professional Communication
- Literature and Rhetoric
- Creative and Professional Writing
See Undergraduate Programs for more information on our majors.
During your studies, you will have an opportunity to read a wide range of national and historical literatures, including British, postcolonial, Canadian, and American, and take courses in rhetoric, digital media studies, professional writing, information design, and many other areas.
Your courses in English Language and Literature will give you insight into our world and our culture, into our human identity, into the ideas and issues that excite and inspire us, and into the connections between our present and past. You will graduate with both the breadth and the depth of a well-rounded education.
See the Undergraduate Calendar for specific course and program requirements.
- See our Faculty Profiles page for information on English faculty.
- See the English course list for information on our course offerings.
- See Declaring your English major for information on how to declare your major.