The Faculty of Environment is proud of our many of award-winning researchers and chair holders. Recent awards and chairs currently held by our outstanding researchers are outlined below.
Current Research Chairs
Associate Professor, SSHRC New Tier 2 CRC in Urban Change and Social Inclusion
University of Waterloo recognizes exceptional achievement and pre-eminence in a variety of fields through its University Research Chairs program.University Research Chairs
- Claude Duguay - University Research Chair in Cryosphere and Hydrosphere from Space
- Daniel Scott - University Research Chair in Climate and Society
University of Waterloo recognizes exceptional scholarly achievement and international pre-eminence through the designation “University Professor”, a title held until retirement.
- Ellsworth LeDrew - Geography and Environmental Management (2009)
Recent research awards
- Peter Johnson - Faculty of Environment Early Researcher Award (2016)
- Jennifer Clapp - Trudeau Fellow (2013-2016), Royal Society Fellow (2016)
- John McLevey - Ontario Early Researcher Award (2016)
- Derek Robinson - Ontario Early Researcher Award (2016)
- Sarah Burch - - Ontario Early Researcher Award (2017)
Find out more about some of our CRCs
On International Women’s Day 2018, all of the Canada Research Chairs in the Faculty of Environment are women — this isn’t necessarily by design — but it does stand out, as it speaks to the importance of representation in academia and the changing face of environmental justice.