The Faculty of Environment is proud of our many of award-winning researchers and chair holders. Recent awards and chairs currently held by our outstanding researchers are outlined below.
Current Research Chairs
Associate Professor, SSHRC New Tier 2 CRC in Urban Change and Social Inclusion
University of Waterloo recognizes exceptional achievement and pre-eminence in a variety of fields through its University Research Chairs program.University Research Chairs
- Claude Duguay - University Research Chair in Cryosphere and Hydrosphere from Space
- Daniel Scott - University Research Chair in Climate and Society
University of Waterloo recognizes exceptional scholarly achievement and international pre-eminence through the designation “University Professor”, a title held until retirement.
- Ellsworth LeDrew - Geography and Environmental Management (2009)
Recent research awards
- Peter Johnson - Faculty of Environment Early Researcher Award (2016)
- Jennifer Clapp - Trudeau Fellow (2013-2016), Royal Society Fellow (2016)
- John McLevey - Ontario Early Researcher Award (2016)
- Derek Robinson - Ontario Early Researcher Award (2016)
- Sarah Burch - - Ontario Early Researcher Award (2017)