Recruitment updates due to COVID-19
Three ways to interview your candidates
In order to allow employers and students some flexibility, there are three ways that you can interview Waterloo students:
Individual in-person interviews:(All interviews will take place remotely until further notice.)
- Find out about each student on a more personal level. You have the opportunity to ask questions and clarify qualifications of the candidates. You can determine more effectively which student may be right for you.
- These occur at the Tatham Centre on Waterloo's campus (check out the Recruiting dates page for the dates and time we host interviews).
Group interviews:(All interviews will take place remotely until further notice.)
- Save time by explaining job details such as duties, responsibilities, location, salary, and other organizational information to all interviewees in one sitting.
- These occur at the Tatham Centre on Waterloo's campus (check out the Recruiting dates page for the dates and time we host interviews)
Remote interviews via telephone or Skype for Business:(All interviews will take place remotely until further notice.)
- If conducting in-person interviews on-site at our facility is a challenge to you, we give employers the possibility of conducting interviews over telephone and/or Skype for Business.
- The telephone and Skype interview services are available to conduct interviews between 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET. To use our webcam/Skype for Business services, you will need a webcam along with Skype for Business or a Windows Live Messenger account.
- When you provide your job description using our job registration form, you can let us know of your desired interview type (telephone or webcam) and your preferred interview date, so that we can reserve the equipment at this end on your preferred interview date.
Our interview cycles
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve made some adjustments to our hiring process for Fall 2020 (September to December) and Winter 2021 (January to April) work terms.